Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rambling thoughts

.....

So it says that I'm a contributor to this blog, but I haven't posted anything yet. I don't consider myself a very good writer, and I don't really like to do it. But I figure I should put something on here since my name is on the site!!!

This is my third trip to Japan with Sonos. In many ways I've enjoyed this one best, because my husband Brian came with me! We've had a great time. It's been really fun showing Brian the stuff I already knew about, from my previous trips. I particularly liked showing him Tokyo DisneySea and Tokyo Disneyland (of course)! DisneySea is such a great park, so many cool little details that Disney is famous for. Having grown up in Burbank, Brian visited Disneyland quite often growing up, and we go at least once a year now. So he really liked the fact that Disney was feeling new to him, not just the same thing once again. That's exactly how I have felt about it in my previous trips as well.

We also really have enjoyed the things that are new to us both. Yesterday we went up to Mt. Takao, about an hour from our hotel by train. We had a great hike, and up at the top there was a great view of Mt. Fuji. On the way there we also visited a temple, and got to see a lot of beautiful scenery. A long hike, and we were ready to be off our feet when we got back to the train!!

And of course there was the earthquake. Not a big deal for two people from California! We lay there and waited for it to end, listened for the possibility of the hotel emergency system kicking in (it didn't), and then turned on the TV to see if there was any report on the English News stations. Nothing there, so no big deal. I realized that I had never experienced an earthquake on anything but a ground floor. It was very different being on the 23rd floor. Very smooth and rocking.

Oh yeah, and then there's the concerts (the real reason that I'm here)! The halls have been beautiful, like usual. The concerts have been pretty good, some better than others. I personally have played some with excellent results, and some not so much. The last concert is today and I'm hoping to nail everything!!!

Brian, Warren and Jan are skipping the last concert and going to the Imperial Palace. Today is the Emperor's Birthday, and so it is open to the public. This is the only day all year that it is. They just couldn't pass up the opportunity, and I don't blame them.

So, another great trip to Japan. I'm so glad that Brian got to come along. I hope we'll get a chance to come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment